Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the State of North Carolina Mandate, we are temporarily putting a hold on all hiring for the time being. All applications received will be held on file for future reference when hiring begins again. Thank you for your understanding.
Event Operations Supervisor
Reports to: General Manager
Nature of the position: Full Time (32 hrs +) Wednesday – Saturday; weekend & holiday work is required
Wage & Benefits: Competitive compensation based on experience; Hourly, non-exempt;
medical, dental, vision, short-term & long-term disability and 401k benefits after 60-day trial period
The Event Operations Supervisor is responsible for the strategic oversight of all events and positive communication with clients and vendors while maintaining a high level of customer service. This position serves as the primary point of contact for clients after booking an event at our venue. S/he is responsible for collecting all relevant & required information and documentation to ensure successful events as well as assist in the physical set up of event facilities as needed (lifting, moving and arranging tables, chairs & furniture). S/he is required to attend all client and/or vendor meetings and the event itself as the main client contact throughout the event days’ timeline. The ideal candidate must possess a ‘go-getter’ attitude and be available to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 2 – 4 year college degree in hospitality management preferred
- A minimum of 3 years in event industry positions or similar
- 2+ years of direct client/customer service experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills; Pays attention to detail
- Problem solver focused on generating client confidence and great experiences
- Familiarity with wedding timelines and large event needs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) & Gmail Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive)
- Experience with Caterease Software a plus; Willingness to learn!
- Have a flexible attitude to accomplish whatever the day requires
- Weekend and holiday hours are required
Write a sample email to a client who’s final payment is due next Tuesday and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach resume and answer the following questions in your attached cover letter; What experience do you have that will help you excel in this position? Why are you the best person for this job? We look forward to hearing from you.