Event Operations Supervisor
Reports to: General Manager
Nature of the position: Full Time (32 hrs +) Wednesday – Saturday; weekend & holiday work is required
Wage & Benefits: Competitive compensation based on experience; Hourly, non-exempt;
medical, dental, vision, short-term & long-term disability and 401k benefits after 60-day trial period
The Event Operations Supervisor is responsible for the strategic oversight of all events and positive communication with clients and vendors while maintaining a high level of customer service. This position serves as the primary point of contact for clients after booking an event at our venue. S/he is responsible for collecting all relevant & required information and documentation to ensure successful events as well as assist in the physical set up of event facilities as needed (lifting, moving and arranging tables, chairs & furniture). S/he is required to attend all client and/or vendor meetings and the event itself as the main client contact throughout the event days’ timeline. The ideal candidate must possess a ‘go-getter’ attitude and be available to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 2 – 4 year college degree in hospitality management preferred
- A minimum of 3 years in event industry positions or similar
- 2+ years of direct client/customer service experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills; Pays attention to detail
- Problem solver focused on generating client confidence and great experiences
- Familiarity with wedding timelines and large event needs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) & Gmail Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive)
- Experience with Caterease Software a plus; Willingness to learn!
- Have a flexible attitude to accomplish whatever the day requires
- Weekend and holiday hours are required
Write a sample email to a client who’s final payment is due next Tuesday and email to email@example.com. Attach resume and answer the following questions in your attached cover letter; What experience do you have that will help you excel in this position? Why are you the best person for this job? We look forward to hearing from you.